‘Tis the season. (Not that season) The season to upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. Now that the product has been out for 6 months and the first service pack has been released, many of our clients are starting to upgrade to the latest version.
Here are 7 questions CAL Business Solutions will ask you to prepare for your Dynamics GP 2013 upgrade:
- Have you checked the minimum requirements for your server(s) and workstations and see if your infrastructure is ready for Dynamics GP 2013? (Dynamics GP 2013 system requirements)
- Is there new functionality/modules available with Dynamics GP 2013 that you are not currently using but would like to install? For example, this new release includes unlimited Payroll and HR. (Review Dynamics GP 2013 module list)
- Please confirm what version of Dynamics GP you are currently using? (Review the post: How to find out what version of GP you are using)
- How many workstations will need to be upgraded or in other words, how many client installs will there be (PCs, Terminal/Citrix Servers)?
- What 3rd-party (ISV/add-on) products do you use with Dynamics GP so CAL can get the necessary registration keys and make sure the program is compatible with the latest version of GP?
- Do you have a list of any customizations that CAL or anyone else has done for your Dynamics GP system?
- Can you send CAL a copy of your DYNAMICS.SET file (usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP)?
This is just the preliminary list of questions CAL will ask when you begin planning your Dynamics GP upgrade. A full system upgrade review will reveal many more. But if you are prepared with the information above you will be able to move along faster so you can start using your new system sooner.
By Anya Ciecierski, CAL Business Solutions, Connecticut Dynamics GP Partner www.calszone.com