The right ERP system can help manufacturing companies to make informed decisions that drive cost reductions, ensure compliance, increase operational efficiencies using real-time data, and respond to changing design requirements.
In essence, you can make your product better, cheaper and faster.
Microsoft Dynamics GP for Manufacturing
Microsoft Dynamics GP is a good fit for made to stock, made to order and engineer to order products. And both discrete and process manufacturers. As one of our Dynamics GP clients said, “Dynamics GP gives the company enough functionality to manage the manufacturing process, without being overkill.” What Kind of Manufacturing Company Is Best Fit for Microsoft Dynamics GP?
Acumatica Cloud ERP for Manufacturing
Acumatica integrates manufacturing, inventory management, and accounting to help businesses ensure raw materials are available to production, manage the manufacturing process, maintain revisions, and track the financials. Acumatica is a fit for make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, project-centric, job shop, batch, and repetitive manufacturing companies.
Are you also a distributor? Read more about ERP Systems for Distribution
If you are a Connecticut or New England manufacturing company, contact CAL Business Solutions so we can help you evaluate the right ERP system for your needs.
Manufacturing Industry Customer Success Stories
Hartford County, CT
Fidelux is a manufacturer of top-tier LED lighting solutions to private and public sector clients nationwide. Originally a division of a larger Connecticut-based company, after five consecutive years of growth, it was rebranded as Fidelux Lighting in March 2017. At that time, they decided to upgrade their QuickBooks accounting system to handle more complex inventory requirements and set them up for future expansion.
- Saved money with rapid implementation.
- Intuitive system allowed for lower support costs.
- Flexible inventory module able to be adapted to business needs.
- Data presented quickly and easily in a user-friendly system.
“I know that we will continue to adapt the ERP system for our own needs; that is the sign of a growing business. With Acumatica, we have the flexibility to do this.” Leslie Alt, Senior Software Support Specialist, Fidelux
Read Full Case Study: Lighting Manufacturer Saves Money with Rapid Implementation of Flexible Acumatica Cloud ERP System
Dutchess County, NY
Crown Maple is on track to becoming the largest maple syrup distributor in North America and also offers education, entertainment, and retail services. They realized early on that their QuickBooks accounting software could not keep up with their growth. They wanted a robust inventory system, integration to eliminate manual processes and spreadsheets, and flexible reporting that could easily be shared with their remote management team.
- Manage tremendous growth
- Cut time needed to create reports
- View sales stats on mobile devices
- Prove ROI on consulting services
“CAL made us more efficient and more effective, and the ROI was there. They paid for themselves. For growing companies with a tight budget, CAL is a perfect solution.” – Annette Cantilli, CFO, Crown Maple
Read Full Case Study: Maple Syrup Manufacturer/Distributor Goes From Bark To Bottle With Microsoft Dynamics GP and SalesPad
- Beekley Medical
- Bristol, Connecticut
- Beekley Medical has trusted Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) as their core financial ERP system for more than a decade. Recently they decided to expand the capabilities to manage inventory and automate the manufacturing process. Each decision was focused on ways it could streamline processes in order to provide even higher levels of service to its customers.
- Simplified Dynamics GP upgrades
- Reduced order entry time by 50%
- Cut 6 days a month in manual processes
- Moved to same day shipping
- Implemented lot tracking
|“Using Dynamics GP with SalesPad we have been able to streamline our process and reduce our per order time from 2.5 minutes down to 1 minute. These efficiencies mean we can serve customers faster.” Olga Glynos, Director of Finance and Technolog|
Read Full Case Study: Manufacturing Company Goes on Lean Journey with Microsoft Dynamics GP® to Streamline Processes and Focus on Customers
- Shelton, Connecticut
- For 10 years Thor, a Connecticut based multinational distributor of specialty chemicals, had been using Microsoft Dynamics® SL (Solomon). As the business grew they faced the choice of a major upgrade or a new ERP software package.
- Smoothly handled 30% increase in transaction volume
- Saved $150k a year by not adding staff
- Increased speed and efficiency of order entry
- Gained visibility to inventory across locations and in transit
- Integrated with Microsoft Dynamics® CRM
|“CAL was around not only for the initial set up, they continue to solve problems for us and come up with innovative ideas.” Bobbi-Ann Berglund, Assistant Controller|
Read Full Case Study: Specialty Chemical Manufacturer and Distributor Easily Handles 30% Growth Thanks to Microsoft Dynamics® GP with SalesPad
- Innovative Medical Products
- Plainville, Connecticut
- Innovative Medical Products, Inc. (IMP) had outgrown the MYOB accounting software used to run their manufacturing and distribution company. MYOB had only basic functionality, was hitting the limit on the number of transactions it could effectively handle and could not produce the detailed reports needed to analyze their business. The company knew they needed a new ERP system with a strong financial and distribution focus based on Microsoft SQL Server to allow flexible reporting.
- Increased Order Processing by 150%
- Workflow Streamlines the Order Process
- Increased Order Accuracy to 98.5%
- Online SSRS Portal Saves 3 Days and 500 Sheets of Paper Monthly
|“With Dynamics GP we have increased our order processing by 150% and our order accuracy to 98.5% because of workflow, easy access to information, and barcoding.”Rich Larkin, Director of Operations|
Read Full Case Study: Medical Device Manufacturer & Distributor Increases Order Accuracy and Processing Speed with Microsoft Dynamics GP® and SalesPad® DataCollection