When I saw this feature in Acumatica I was very surprised. You can’t find anything like it in Microsoft Dynamics GP or even SalesPad.
Every company wants to make their purchasing process as efficient as possible. And the Requisition Management Process in Acumatica gives you a great way to do that.
Let’s say your company needs 30 new laptops. You decide to request bids, or quotes, from three different vendors. Acumatica has built into the system the ability to take that out to bid and account for that bid process within the software.
- You can choose the three vendors.
- Then create the request for quote, showing the type and quantity of laptop that you want to order.
- Then use the built in functionality to automatically email the request for a quote out to each of the vendors.
- When the bids come back you can keep track of the different responses, select the best one, and automatically turn it into a purchase order.
It is so easy when this process is automated.
The ability to request a product and then go through the requisition approval process are things that most ERP systems handle. The ability to source and automatically send out bids to multiple vendors is what sets Acumatica apart from other systems.
This five minute video gives a nice overview of the requisition workflows in Acumatica. It shows how the workflows are created and demonstrates:
- Internal requests.
- Internal requests with vendor bidding
- A customer request-quote-order process.
This feature in Acumatica is great for any business that is looking to make their purchasing process as efficient as possible.
If you are interested in evaluating ERP software, or you are currently using Acumatica and want to add Requisition Management, contact CAL Business Solutions. 860-485-0910 x4 or firstname.lastname@example.org
By George Mackiewicz, CAL Business Solutions, Connecticut Acumatica and Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, www.calszone.com