Every company has purchasing needs. But it surprises me how many companies that run Dynamics GP don’t use the built in Purchase Order module. Many times it is just because companies don’t formalize their purchasing processes. But this is easy to do, and can save you a tremendous amount of time and paperwork.
With Dynamics GP Purchase Order you can easily formalize your needs using a 3 point match system. This means you can
- Enter the PO
- Receive the goods or services
- Do an Enter Match. (This is where you match the invoice to the purchase order, which then automatically creates the voucher for you.)
What’s really interesting is that in the latest releases of Dynamics GP (GP 2013 R2 or GP 2015) there is a whole new layer of functionality added to the Purchasing process. You can now add a Requisition process before the PO.
- First someone in the company submits a requisition online. This is a request to buy something – from office supplies to new equipment.
- Using the built in functionality for workflow, the right person(s) get an alert and can approve that requisition.
- After the last approval the requisition would automatically turn into a Purchase Order.
This eliminates the need for a paper-based system and gives employees an easy way to enter purchase requests.
Think how much time this would save for your company.
If you are interested in setting up Purchase Order Processing and Requisition Management in your Dynamics GP system contact CAL Business Solutions 860-485-0910 x4 or firstname.lastname@example.org