We recommend the inexpensive Mekorma MICR tool to all new companies that purchase Dynamics GP. It makes printing checks easier for everyone. And especially companies that have multiple cash accounts, that are printing checks for more than one account, really need this product.
Stephanie Olbrych lists six reasons why her Dynamics GP clients love Mekorma tools:
- With Mekorma MICR you can print checks on blank paper and it puts the MICR coding on the bottom that has the official routing information and the bank information.
- It is very easy to add a logo to the check format. It accepts many standard formats such as .JPEG and .GIF. This allows you to add company branding to your checks.
- If you need to reprint the remittance advice on the check, it looks like the actual check, except that it says something like “non‑negotiable” on it. So if the vendor actually lost the check stub for some reason, and they don’t know how to apply the check to the invoices, it’s very easy to reprint it.
- You can set up rules for how many signatures should print on the check and when. For example, it will print an additional line if anything above a certain dollar amount requires two signatures.
- You can actually direct the remittances to go to a separate printer so you don’t have to worry about printing over on the check stock. For example, let’s say we paid 20 invoices on one check and there is not enough room on the stub to print those additional invoices on the remittance. So if you direct the remittances, and all your posting reports, to go to a separate printer, you don’t have to worry about rushing to pull out the check stock and the toner and other finance department games like that.
- You can print the checks using a Z‑fold form which means that when the checks print, the check stock becomes the envelope. You probably receive checks like that yourself where you just open it and the check part of the form itself.
Stephanie also comments, “As a company Mekorma is very easy to contact and they get back to you immediately. No matter what you ask them about the product, they can fix it. They are outstanding.”
If you are interested in using Mekorma MICR with your Microsoft Dynamics GP system, contact CAL Business Solutions at 860-485-0910 x4 or email@example.com.
By CAL Business Solutions, Connecticut Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, www.calszone.com