In business, surprises are usually not a good thing. Most of the time, an unexpected turn of events leads to delays and missed deadlines. Automated status updates that keep your customers informed of progress and delays help them plan and avoid situations that cost them money.
The right answer
Just as we have become accustomed to the purchases that we make in our private lives, we want transparency from our business vendors.
When the container ship is delayed an automated customer service notification is sent out. Transparency builds customer loyalty. The best way to manage customer expectations is through continuous communication including:
- Order verification.
- Backorder notification and expected delivery time.
- Notice that the product is in production and expected delivery time.
- Order has shipped and expected delivery date.
- Order is delayed and the reason.
Customers are more comfortable doing business with you when they are receiving notifications. It tells them that you know where the order is.
The bottom line
Making life easier for your customers can be as easy as keeping them in the loop on the status of their order. Information is today’s currency, so share that valuable data with your customers.
With Microsoft Dynamics GP the answer is YES.
- Download the full white paper “10 Questions Every Distribution Company Needs to Ask Before Buying Accounting Software” to get all 10 questions (and the answers).
- Get more information about Microsoft Dynamics GP for Distribution at www.calszone.com/distribution
- Schedule a Discovery call www.calszone.com/discovery
If you are a small or mid-sized distribution company evaluating accounting software, contact CAL Business Solutions to determine if Microsoft Dynamics GP is right for you. firstname.lastname@example.org 860-485-0910×4.