Microsoft introduced a new report called the “Historical Inventory Trial Balance Report”. It is used for balancing Inventory to the General Ledger. This report is not part of any of the pre-defined security roles. Therefore, you will need to create a new task that can be assigned to an existing role or new role that will then be assigned to your users:
To Run Report: Inventory>>Reports>>Activity>>Historical Inventory Trial Balance
If you want the balance as of a month end date the most important options are:
- Use: GL Posting Date
- Date Range from “0/0/0000” – Month End Date
To Give Access to the Report
Step 1: Create Task
- Administration>>Setup>>System>>Security Tasks
- Enter Task ID (This is up to you. I always start with an “*” to flag them as custom tasks. Below I used: “*RPT_INV – HIST INV TB”)
- Enter Task Name (This is up to you. I always start with an “*” to flag them as custom tasks. Below I used: “*Reports – Inventory Historical Inv Trial Balance”)
- Select the Category (recommended for this report “Inventory”)
- Product: HITB Report
- Type: Reports
- Series: Inventory
- Mark All
Step 2: Create New Role
Tip: If you want to assign to a “Pre-Defined Role”, it is recommended that you create a New Role that is a copy of the pre-defined role.
- Administration>>Setup>>System>>Security Roles.
- Enter a new Role ID.
- Click “Copy”.
- Select role you want to copy.
- Click Select
- Click OK
- Edit the Role Name (I made mine: “*Warehouse Manager – Includes HITB Rpt”)
- Check the box next to the new “Task” you created:
- If you have them assigned to a “Pre-Defined” role, you can choose to leave them assigned to the old and new roles, or you can unassign the “Pre-Defined” role and assign to the new role you created. You could choose to make a role that only includes the “HITB” report and assign the Task to the new role, then give that role to all users affected without adjusting their roles.
Open User Security and assign to the users that you want to give access to the report.