How many software systems do you use to run your business?
Some companies have a system for financials, one for expense management, invoicing, projects, one for shipping, and another one for CRM. Sound familiar? In the best case scenario, all these systems are connected or integrated and data passes between them. But more likely, you end up with “islands” of information that require manual data entry or import functions.
Here are 10 reasons why disconnected software systems make our life more difficult:
1) Duplicate data entry wastes time and often results in keystroke errors.
2) It is hard to find complete information quickly when you need it.
3) Various systems could contain different variations of the same data so you are not sure what to believe. You don’t have just one version of the truth.
4) When you import information, if it doesn’t sync you have to stop what you are doing and fix it immediately or you can no longer trust your data.
5) Interfaces between systems running in the background tie up computer bandwidth and slow everything down.
6) Reports may be outdated as soon as they are run if data is not refreshed in real time.
7) Information that can’t be shared across all departments creates communication blocks, especially if not everybody has access to all the different systems.
8) Multiple software solutions can have multiple user interfaces which means more training, especially for new hires.
9) All of the systems can be on different upgrade cycles.
10) Some systems are old so the maintenance costs are high or support is not available.
The solution is Acumatica Cloud ERP. Acumatica is a connected business solution. All of that functionality is in the same user interface as the core system. It works on all your mobile devices. And the unique pricing model allows for unlimited user licenses, which means everyone in every department can have access to the information they need.
When all of your systems are connected, you save time and your work life becomes a whole lot easier. Who doesn’t want that?