As a consulting company, our employees are spread out at different locations. Either at client offices, the CAL office, or in recent times, their home offices.
Each of our 300+ Microsoft Dynamics GP and Acumatica clients has an account “owner” at CAL. This is the point person that knows the most about their system. But when the client calls the support line, sometimes the owner of the account is not the one who handles their issue.
So what is the best way to make sure the account owner is always “in the loop”? Personal emails and notes in the account record can get missed. Now that we have moved from Microsoft Dynamics GP to Acumatica to run our own business, the solution is Acumatica Business Events.
A business event is a trigger that looks at the information in your ERP system at a point in time, and then creates a series of automation steps to complete an action.
At CAL Business Solutions we have set up a Business Event to send an alert to the account owner if a major activity, such as a development project or an upgrade, is scheduled by anyone else on the team.
- Dan is the owner of the “Cool Distribution Company” account, a company that uses Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- The client talks to John and says they want integration between their Dynamics GP financial system and their custom shipping system.
- John adds this development project to Acumatica.
- Automatically a Business Event is triggered that sends Dan an email with the details.
- As the account owner, Dan knows that Cool Distribution company already owns SmartConnect, which means that we could create that interface with SmartConnect instead of creating something new.
- Dan talks to John, and they are able to save this client a lot of money.
It often happens that a Dynamics GP client does not know all the stuff they already own. They rely on us to know that for them. When the account owner is always in the loop with activities related to their client, we can serve them better.
What types of Business Events would help your company to communicate more easily or be more productive?
If you are ready to evaluate a new ERP system with this type of functionality, let’s talk about Acumatica. It has helped our team, and it can help yours too. Contact CAL Business Solutions at 860-485-0910 x4 or email@example.com.
By CAL Business Solutions, Acumatica and Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, www.calszone.com