Acumatica is a modern platform with a new technology toolset and system design. After three years of intensive research, when we decided which Cloud ERP system to represent, we decided Acumatica was the best choice on the market today. And a big part of that decision was their product vision.
Acumatica wants to:
- Deliver best in class ERP application by continuous investments into core module functionality.
- Focus on seamless cross-module workflows and usability to achieve best in class user experience.
- Shorten implementation time and lower costs through integrated implementation and migration functions.
This is how Acumatica intends to deliver on that vision in each of the main functional areas.
Best in class financial modules (GL, AP, AR, cash management, fixed assets, tax, deferred revenue, expense reporting) are critical to company operations. Acumatica will continue streamlining cross-connected module workflows to deliver best-in-class financials
- Improved intercompany
- Improved financial reporting
- Bank integrations
- Payment processing improvements
- Automate repetitive tasks using AI and ML
- Predefined roles and import scenarios
Inventory and Order Management
Inventory and order management serve distribution companies and are the cornerstone of verticals such as manufacturing, field services, commerce, and construction. Acumatica will focus on filling functional gaps to overtake other legacy distribution and retail solutions.
- Embedded WMS
- Sales negotiation and upsell
- Advanced kitting
- Work orders
- Support commerce-enabled ERP
- Use AI/ML for up-sell, cross-sell, substitute suggestions
Project accounting is integrated with all other Acumatica modules so customers can budget and track revenues and expenses as sub-sets of the overall general ledger. Acumatica will continue to focus on project cross module workflows – especially those related to construction.
- Budget control functions
- Advanced change management
- Crew timecard entry
- Credit cards in expense claims
- Project hierarchy and/or subprojects
- Project material management
Tightly integrated CRM is a key differentiator. Acumatica will continue to leverage cross-module functionality so users can interact with leads, prospects, and customers with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Lead nurturing / marketing qualification updates
- Marketing to sales workflow enhancements
- Activities streams for core entities
- Customer 360 view
- Marketing automation integration
- External email integration
Acumatica uniquely provides a fully integrated cloud solution for field service management which manages the complete customer lifecycle including sales, installation, service, and support. Acumatica will continue improving the design and workflows to address micro-verticals such as HVAC, IT services.
- Travel and break time
- Multi-day appointments
- Integrated discounts
- Calendar boards and scheduling enhancement
- Profitability reporting enhancements
- Predefined roles and import scenarios
The first release of construction leveraged a strong foundation provided by the finance and project accounting modules. Acumatica will continue filling product gaps to compete with decade-old technology solutions.
- Project management custom lists
- Daily field reports
- Unitary billing
- Vendor portal
- Additional Office 365 integration
- Field operations enhancements
Acumatica delivers seamless integration for manufacturing environments utilizing make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, project-centric, job shops, repetitive, and batch processes. Acumatica will continue adding features and take advantage of new technologies such as AI and ML to deliver an even more automated manufacturing environment.
- Enhance project work in progress tracking
- Engineering change requests
- Drive consistency through quality management
- Enhance MRP for project-related businesses
- Product configurator enhancements
- APS – add tools and labor to finite scheduling
Acumatica is commerce-enabled so customers can connect their commerce platform of choice to Acumatica.
Acumatica will continue expanding its Commerce offerings to streamline deployments with popular commerce platforms as well as marketplaces to accommodate established sellers as well as companies looking to go online.
- Enhance APIs to deliver commerce-enabled ERP
- Streamline BigCommerce integration
- Enhance marketplace integrations
- Invest in mid-market integrations like Shopify
- Support partner integrations such as Magento
- Develop streamlined implementation programs
Portals along with unlimited user licensing allow Acumatica clients to improve their customer experience through digital transformation. Acumatica will develop additional features to streamline more business processes via automated self-service.
- Usability improvements
- Customer-facing dashboards
- Online payment collection
- Vendor portal
Acumatica has a higher investment in R&D than other ERP companies. They enable SMBs to digitally transform their business and deliver the best in class modules and vertical solutions.
At CAL Business Solutions we truly believe that Acumatica is a better choice than any other Cloud ERP product out there.
If you would like to discuss how the Acumatica product vision fits in with your company’s vision, let’s start the conversation. Contact CAL Business Solutions at 860-485-0910 x4 or email@example.com.
By CAL Business Solutions, Acumatica and Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, www.calszone.com/acumatica