As part of the sales process Microsoft Dynamics partners must present a copy of the current Software License Terms (SLT) to prospective Microsoft Dynamics customers so that they can be aware of the terms. We publish the “MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS” on our website at: https://www.calszone.com/documents/microsoft-dynamics-gp-software-license-terms.pdf
I think that the DEFINITIONS section has interesting information to help in reading and understanding Microsoft documents:
- Additive SAL means a SAL that must be used on conjunction with a base SAL
- Business process outsourcing means the contracting of a specific critical or non-critical business task, function or process to a third-party service provider, where the services provided include direct or indirect access to the software.
- CAL means client access license.
- Client software means the components of the software that allow a device to access or use the server software or to use certain aspects of the server software.
- Device means a single personal computer, workstation, terminal, handheld computer, mobile phone, personal digital assistant, or other electronic device.
- Direct access occurs when any user logs on to the software through a Microsoft Dynamics client.
- ERP means enterprise resource planning.
- ERP solution means the components of the software that control your users and financial reporting units.
- External Accountant User means a user employed by a third party to access the software, solely to provide supplemental professional accounting or bookkeeping services related to the auditing process.
- Full user means a user who has unrestricted access to all of the functionality in the server software including setting-up, administering and managing all parameters or functional processes across the ERP solution.
- Instance means an image of software that is created by executing the software’s setup or install procedure or by duplicating an existing Instance.
- Internal business purposes means managing your business, but not that of an independent third party.
- Limited User means a user who accesses your ERP solution directly or indirectly for purposes of completing only the tasks described below. Any access beyond these limitations requires a Full User.
- Read access to data contained in the ERP solution through any client; or
- Write access the ERP solution as a Self-serve User “Write” access through non-Microsoft created windows through any client accessing the ERP solution. December 2014 Microsoft Dynamics GP2015 EULA Page 3
- Operating system environment (OSE) means all or part of an operating system Instance, or all or part of a virtual (or otherwise emulated) operating system Instance which enables separate machine identity (primary computer name or similar unique identifier) or separate administrative rights, and instances of applications, if any, configured to run on the operating system Instance or parts identified above. There are two types of OSEs, physical and virtual. A physical hardware system can have one Physical OSE and/or one or more Virtual OSEs.
- Ownership means more than 50% ownership.
- Partner” means the entity that has signed a channel partner agreement with Microsoft authorizing it to market and distribute the software.
- Physical OSE means an OSE that is configured to run directly on a physical hardware system. The operating system Instance used to run hardware virtualization software (e.g. Microsoft Hyper-V Server or similar technologies) or to provide hardware virtualization services (e.g. Microsoft virtualization technology or similar technologies) is considered part of the Physical OSE.
- SAL means subscriber access license.
- Server means a physical hardware system capable of running server software.
- Server Farm means a single data center or two data centers each physically located: in a time zone that is within four hours of the local time zone of the other (Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and not DST), and/or within the European Union (EU) and/or European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
- Self-serve user means a user who has access to three security role IDs, predefined in your ERP solution, for the purpose of entering and retrieving data personalized to that user: ESS Employee, ESS PTE Employee, and ESS Purchase Requester.
- Server software means the components of the software that provides services or functionality on your server.
- System Administrator User means a user accessing the software, solely to install, configure and maintain the server software, including management of user rights.
- Virtual OSE means an OSE that is configured to run on a virtual hardware system.
By CAL Business Solutions, Connecticut Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, www.calszone.com