Fall is in the air and that means year end is just around the corner. Here are a few preliminary resources you can use to start planning early.
Microsoft is planning to release the US year end update by end of November.
- U.S. Payroll Year End Update for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
- U.S. Payroll Year-End Update for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
Don’t forget to plan for Affordable Care Act (ACA) changes:
- Microsoft blog re: ACA: Affordable Care Act changes for Microsoft Dynamics GP (this will be supported on GP 2013 and beyond)
- CAL blog re: ACA: All the Facts About Affordable Care Act (ACA) Reporting in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Here are a few year-end changes so far but there may be more…..
- Fixed assets deprecation changes
- There are no W2 form changes
- There are W2 electronic filing changes
- There are W3 form changes
- 1099-R distribution code added
- There are payables 1099-interest form changes and application changes
- Product quality fixes
- ACA changes for GP 2013 only (see blog for detail)
Year end will be supported by Microsoft for Dynamics GP 2010 and Dynamics GP 2013. If you are using Payroll, you will need to upgrade to a supported version if you are not at least using GP 2010. If you are not using payroll, we will support you for closing the year on older versions.
A year end tax update will get released late November/early December. When that is released, we need to update all payroll clients. This will bring you to the latest version (ie R2 for GP 2013 clients).
Please note, this is the LAST year end update for Dynamics GP 2010. The end of tax / updates is October of 2015. So if you are on Dynamics GP 2010, you should be thinking of upgrading. Read: 6 Tips to Lower The Cost of A Dynamics GP Upgrade
Get Dynamics GP Year End Resources on the CAL Website: https://www.calszone.com/client-resources/year-end-resources/
Ready to plan for year end? Contact CAL Business Solutions. 860-485-0910 x3 or email@example.com.
By CAL Business Solutions, Connecticut Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, www.calszone.com