Are you confused by the options and costs for hosting Microsoft Dynamics GP in the cloud?
A distinct advantage of Microsoft Dynamics GP is that you have the choice to deploy it in the traditional “on premise” method OR the now popular “in the cloud” option. This means you can change the way you access your system as your business needs change.
However, a disadvantage of this “power of choice” is that the pricing for Microsoft Dynamics GP online is not always straightforward. Microsoft does not offer just one standard price for hosting Dynamics GP online, instead you can choose an independent data center and the prices and options included vary widely.
This does not mean that Dynamics GP is more expensive, there are just more choices to make. But once you understand what questions to ask, you will find that using Microsoft Dynamics GP has many benefits compared to other packages.
We want to make moving to the Dynamics GP Cloud experience as SIMPLE for you as possible. We have come up with 43 questions designed to cover everything you need to know so you can make an informed decision and compare “apples to apples” of various cloud software vendors and between different Dynamics GP data center offers.
On our “CAL GP Cloud” Frequently Asked Questions page we provide these 43 questions along with detailed answers:
- What is the monthly price for Microsoft Dynamics GP Online with CAL GP Cloud?
- What is the difference between hosted and subscription options?
- What is included in the monthly hosting fee?
- What is included in the monthly subscription fee?
- What is the difference between a named and concurrent user?
- How will Microsoft know if I have enough licenses?
- Do I still pay annual Microsoft maintenance plan fees?
- Are all Dynamics GP user license types available in the cloud?
- Is there a minimum number of required users?
- Can I add users easily?
- Do I need to purchase any additional software licenses to use Dynamics GP in the cloud?
- Is there an additional cost to host ISV (add on) products?
- Which ISV modules can be hosted?
- Which ISV modules are available for subscription?
- Are Microsoft Office licenses included?
- Do I need to buy Office 365?
- What if I already have a subscription to Office 365?
- Can I use Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online too?
- What does the data center set up fee include?
- What are the fees for CAL services?
- How much disk space is provided?
- Do all my files count toward my disk space?
- Is there a limit to the number of companies that can be run in Dynamics GP?
- Are Internet usage fees included?
- Can I access from a MAC computer?
- Can I access via a mobile device?
- Can old versions of Dynamics GP be hosted?
- Where is the data center?
- Is my data safe in the cloud?
- Do you include “Denial of Service Attack” protection”?
- How many GP clients are hosted in this data center?
- What backup services are provided?
- What are the cancellation terms?
- If I cancel a subscription to Dynamics GP how will I get my data back?
- If I decide to bring my hosted system back on premise to my own servers, what is involved?
- Can I pay for part of a month?
- What extra add ons are available for more robust systems?
- Who maintains the servers?
- Who does the Dynamics GP upgrades?
- Who do I call if I need tech support?
- Will I be notified of system maintenance?
- Will I have access to CustomerSource?
- Is there a demo version available?
Our answers to ALL of these questions are given at www.calszone.com/gpcloud-faq.
Do you have more questions? We can help.
We work with companies who want to move an existing on premise Dynamics GP system into the cloud and companies that are new to Microsoft Dynamics GP. We can help you evaluate your options and ask the right questions.
To learn more about Microsoft Dynamics GP Online and the “CAL GP Cloud” offer contact email@example.com or 860-485-0910 x4.
By CAL Business Solutions, Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, www.calszone.com/gpcloud