Distribution Industry – Microsoft Dynamics GP
CAL Business Solutions works with more than 75 distribution and light manufacturing companies in Connecticut and across the USA.Our clients use Microsoft Dynamics GP + SalesPad as a full featured yet affordable supply chain management system that connects sales, warehousing, purchasing, and finance. Our clients love that it includes interactive sales analysis tools, business intelligence dashboards, light order management CRM and flexible workflows.
From a single screen you can track orders, inventory, shipping, purchasing, accounting, sales statistics, margins, profits and customer information.
Highlights of Microsoft Dynamics GP + SalesPad:
Eliminate double entry between separate inventory, shipping and financial systems.
- Empower your team with access to key sales and financial data needed to answer customer questions quickly.
- Track inventory across multiple warehouses from a single screen so you know what you have in stock, where it is and when it can get to your customer.
- Save time by setting automated work flow processes.
- Provide customers with statistics, such as on time delivery rates, to encourage repeat business.
- Automate pick and pack warehouse management.
- Generate quotes faster and drive more business.
- Track all customer contact and history in a single customer dashboard.
Microsoft Dynamics GP + SalesPad is a robust, secure financial system that also includes specific functionality distribution companies need including: out of the box workflow rules and queues, on the fly BI (Business Intelligence), sales monitoring, inventory lookup, reorder point visibility and maintenance, margin analysis, automatic sales order to purchase order automation, integrated CRM (Customer Relationship Management), configurable lookup windows, multiple catalog cross reference, credit card processing, comprehensive reporting/analytics and much more.Tools are also available for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and Shipping Compliance.
Microsoft Dynamics, along with our extensive network of industry expert partners, delivers the necessary visibility into operations, customers, and suppliers that is required to help track products, lower inventory levels and deliver on customer-specific requirements, while also helping lower the cost of internal operations. Built on a platform you know, Microsoft Dynamics delivers the integration from customer to warehouse to general ledger to supplier that you and your employees need to help support your growth while allowing the flexibility required to meet increasingly difficult customer mandates.
Within the Distribution vertical, CAL Business Solutions also has extensive experience implementing Microsoft Dynamics GP for Retail companies. Our clients successfully interface to Point of Sale (POS) and Sales Audit Systems and use financial analysis to identify key sales trends.
Distribution Industry Customer Success Stories:
Innovative Medical Products, Inc. (IMP) had outgrown the MYOB accounting software used to run their manufacturing and distribution company. MYOB had only basic functionality, was hitting the limit on the number of transactions it could effectively handle and could not produce the detailed reports needed to analyze their business. The company knew they needed a new ERP system with a strong financial and distribution focus based on Microsoft SQL Server to allow flexible reporting.
- Increased Order Processing by 150%
- Workflow Streamlines the Order Process
- Increased Order Accuracy to 98.5%
- Online SSRS Portal Saves 3 Days and 500 Sheets of Paper Monthly
For the last 10 years, Thor, a Connecticut-based multinational distributor of specialty chemicals, had been using Microsoft Dynamics® SL (Solomon). As the business grew, it faced the choice of a major upgrade or a new ERP software package. Thor researched the options and decided Microsoft Dynamics® GP (Great Plains) was the right fit for its specialty chemical business.Highlights:
- Smoothly handled 40% increase in transaction volume
- Saved $150k a year by not adding staff
- Increased speed and efficiency of order entry
- Gained visibility to inventory across locations and in transit
- Saved money with Microsoft credit
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Amax faced quite a challenge with finding and implementing an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system in fewer than six months. At the same time, Amax had to keep operations running, set up two new distribution centers and renegotiate a multiyear contract with one of its largest customers. The solution was found in Microsoft Dynamics GP with SalesPad, implemented by the CAL team.
- Rapid implementation plan due to strong project management and low learning curve
- 360-Degree visibility from SalesPad unifies all departments for increase efficiency
- Hosted “Cloud” deployment allows reliable global access
- Access to realtime data means results in better customer service and competitive advantage
- Deep view into inventory shows true cost of inventory and allows 99% fill rate
“Our customers were very impressed that we could implement a new ERP system in 12 weeks—and with zero interruption to our business. Part of the success was due to the experience of our partner and our project managers, but the straightforward design and structure of Microsoft Dynamics GP also played an important role.”
Gary Blanchette, General Manager
North Haven, Connecticut
Moran USA LLC, a wholesale distribution company based North Haven, purchased Microsoft Dynamics GP but after two years it was still not functioning as promised. The Moran team was extremely frustrated and was considering scrapping the new system despite their substantial financial investment. As a last resort, Moran looked for a new Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner in their local area and started working with CAL Business Solutions. Now Moran USA now has a practical ERP system they are comfortable with, that helps them run their business better, requires minimal ongoing support and lower annual fees.
- Rightsized an overly complicated Dynamics GP system
- Lowered annual maintenance costs
- Communicated with industry experience
- Patiently provided user training
“CAL helped us determine what we really needed and the most practical, simple way to get there and get the work done.”
Jim Moran, President
Warner Specialty Products had a common problem: old, outdated software and the business processes, and bottlenecks to go with them. They set out to upgrade their Macola ERP system, but get more value for their software dollar. Using Microsoft Dynamics GP with SalesPad, they have improved time-to-customer, reduced overhead costs, and obtained a level of visibility on their order process that would have been impossible otherwise. For this small distribution company, the decision to implement the Microsoft Dynamics GP with Salespad means that they can serve their customers better now and as their business grows.
- Able to process orders 50% faster.
- Workflow keeps quotes from falling through the cracks.
- Quick access to information increases customer satisfaction.
- SalesPad gives more functionality for a lower software cost than a traditional GP system.
“SalesPad allows me to keep a good handle on what is going on at my company every day. If I have a question about an order I can easily pull it up and get a full sales analysis report. Documents that used to disappear in a filing cabinet are now visible to every member of the team through every step in the process from quote to completed order.”
Jack Norton, President
Because Custom Bottle extended their existing Microsoft Dynamics GP application to the rest of the organization using SalesPad, they increased the amount of information employees know about customers and their orders. What Custom Bottle discovered is true for most companies: when employees who wouldn’t normally use the ERP system are given access through SalesPad, it positively effects sales, deepens the relationship with customers, and adds value that positively affects the bottom line.
- Easy to install with existing Microsoft Dynamics GP system.
- Detailed on time delivery reports leads to increased business with existing customers.
- Single screen access to customer and sales data including inventory available across 10 warehouses.
- Fantastic support by the local CAL team.
“Customers want to know you are doing a good job for them. To be able to show them that we shipped 99% of their orders on time is very powerful. SalesPad gives us a better way to analyze our customer information and find ways we can increase business with them. I feel confident it is increasing our business.”
Barry Lerman, President & CEO.
Read the full case study: Custom Bottle Increases Sales to Existing Customers Using Microsoft Dynamics GP + SalesPad
As a growing company Genex recognized the limitations QuickBooks was putting on their business. Their new Microsoft Dynamics GP with SalesPad system gives them the tools they need to work more efficiently now, and take them to the next level of company expansion.
- Easy to Use
- Able to generate quotes 10x faster
- Flexibility allows changes based on customer requests
- Gives team insight into each step in the sales process
“SalesPad helps us minimize the amount of work we have to do to keep quotes rolling out of here. I can confidently say that I can generate 10 times more quotes in a week using Microsoft Dynamics GP with SalesPad than I used to do in QuickBooks.”
Brandon Hall, President
Read the full case study: Genex Turbine Technologies Generates Quotes 10x Faster Using Microsoft Dynamics GP + SalesPad
Kloter Farms sought a revamped IT infrastructure that would allow the family owned company to realize its vision of improved management information, streamlined business processes and reduced costs. Kloter Farms called on CAL Business Solutions Inc. to help improve operations by implementing a Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting system and pulling together the resources to integrate several disparate systems including a GoldMine front office system. As a result of CAL’s work, Kloter Farms is realizing its technology vision, has steadily increased its sales and is poised for continued growth.
- Connected system eliminates tedious paperwork and double entry
- Essential data available instantly when it’s needed
- Reduced IT costs by simplifying maintenance
“We have steadily increased our business since using the Microsoft Dynamics GP system, and we’ve radically cut down on the amount of time we spent doing it”.
Jason Kloter, President
If you are a Connecticut or New England distribution company, contact CAL Business Solutions to determine if Microsoft Dynamics GP is the right ERP system for your needs.
Send me more information about Microsoft Dynamics GP for the distribution industry:Google+